Thursday, February 21, 2013
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
"This personal diary is devoted to the unveiling of the old fantasy role-playing games of the past (1975-1989),especially those which - for whatever reasons - are lesser known, forgotten, obscure or neglected. Besides, it deals with overlooked movies of the same genre, of the kind you can only find in VHS if you are lucky enough. A journey into the abysses of fantasy."
Mesmerized by Sirens - the best online source about obscure RPGs from 70s and 80s and probably the only one containing so much information in one place. Must-know for absolutely everyone, maybe except D&D purists.
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Monday, February 11, 2013
Sunday, February 10, 2013
Friday, February 8, 2013
Quick and easy rules hacks I use in my current WFRP games (The Enemy Within!). Of course WFRP 1e 'cause second edition sucks balls so badly...
- S 2d10+20, 2d10+10 for halflings
- T 2d10 +20 for humans and elves, 2d10+10 halflings, 2d10+30 dwarves
- Leather armor: 1 armor point, chain armor 2, plate 3.
- Bows S4, xbows S5.
- Max fate points. You'll need them in my games.
- 10 IPs until you get your first mental disorder, 8 for second, 6 for each next one.
- EDIT: forgot about this one: Dark Heresy-style initiative. d10 + number of tens from I. Checked each round of combat.
- EDIT2: +5 advances, exactly like in 2e.
- EDIT2: 100xp for skill +10, 200xp more for skill +20. Of course not every skill can be improved.