Friday, August 29, 2014

World of Ortix - How Will It Look Like


Here are more ideas about the Ortix campaign I want to start. As I mentioned before, I don't know when I will be able to start running it but it doesn't mean that there will be no info about it here, on the blog. And this post is mostly about the stuff I want to post.
  • Don't expect any hex maps. I don't like them in my games. I like others' hex maps, I like reading the keys but I dislike using them. I prefer the hand-drawn maps with brief descriptions and without any clear scale. Aos/Gib is the absolute master for me.
  • I guess I will use my diceless game mechanics (Diamond), unless I manage to create something unique. I must admit that I am really, really tempted to create the rules system based on Encounter Critical. Also...
  • ...as I mentioned before, I won't use lots of magic. This may render Diamond Diceless useless, as - like in the original game which was an inspiration for me - it should work with games with strong magical / supernatural background and - due to the nature of the special abilities - it may fail in the low-magic settings.
U want to play gorn? Want u?
  • I'm still not sure about the races. I guess there will be some humans, maybe some kind of reptilians (or other, gorn-like fuckers) but I need more. And currently, apart from the ancient replicants, I have no other ideas.
  • Classless. PCs are just adventurers. But not classless D&D/clones, just something different.
  • Outer reaches of some kind of kingdom of mankind will be the place. Just at the border of the Unknown, unmapped and mostly unnamed world. I know I should focus on this part of the game but right now I just can't! I need at least some background stories, some names and at least one sketch of the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment