Thursday, February 15, 2024

Breaking the shackles of expectations

Another thing released. Another waiting for some reviews, sales reports etc. Another disappointments because of lack of uhh, instant-ish gratification. Or rather, validation. Or recognition. Or whatever.

Yeah. Exactly.

Whatever.

About one week ago I've moved far from home. I've moved into a tiny town in the middle of the mountains. To look for peace. And some quiet environment, devoid of background noise and distractions. Devoid of crowds.

And it worked. It's very quiet here.

And you know what? It's amazing to sit in an apartment, record or just play some music, draw some weird stuff and write even weirder stuff. Much, much weirder if you ask me (more info soon).

And you know what? Fuck promoting my works (frankly I always sucked at it, I always treated my creations as some kind of obscure, underground shit - and I don't plan to change it!), fuck checking the  viewcount of the newest blog entry, fuck checking the sales of the newest release. The joy of the creative process is a reward in itself.

I forgot about how much fun it can be. But now I'm re-learning it. To just be happy to be creative.

And I wish the same to all of you.

4 comments:

  1. Doing what one loves is a prize in itself. Thanks for your wish man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purchased. An awesome tome of usable stuff with usual distinct flavour. Great work Albert.

    ReplyDelete