Saturday, December 22, 2012

Name generator (and some guidelines)


Probably everyone knows this fantasy name generator. I discovered it relatively late but quickly it became my favourite one. Reason is simple - it's advanced interface allows you to generate almost any type of name. I use it mainly for the alien-sounding names, not resembling ordinary human words.

Advanced interface is really simple to use (especially because there's a detailed guide how to use it) but I want to share with you my sets of "name-seeds" Some of them generate rather typical fantasy names, some are able to spit out really weird things! If you manage to create some other good seeds, feel free to post them in comments - I'll definitely check them out!

csVv
cvs
cs'(re|ari)
ss-s(arIon)
Vss
vs(na|ael|no|i)
ss(is|nu|yi)
ss(er|as|sh)
V-sv
Bss
css
ss
cvscv
cvsvc

2 comments:

  1. Pretty awesome seeds!

    Minor corrections:

    'ss-s(ar,on)' should probably be 'ss-s(ar|on)'

    'bss' should probably be 'Bss'

    These are fantastic, I can't wait to use them in my campaigns!!

    ReplyDelete