Wednesday, July 6, 2022

I've answered Jeff's questions from 2011!

Well, better late than never! In fact, I'm not sure if I've stumbled upon these questions before. Nevertheless, now it's a perfect moment to answer them.

(artwork by me, made in 2020)

What is the deal with my cleric's religion? 

Well, all gods despise humans and other Feeble Races (no elves dwarves halflings, sorry), so I guess you're fucked.

Where can we go to buy standard equipment?

There are some stores in the Iron City.

Where can we go to get platemail custom fitted for this monster I just befriended?

The best way is to perform proper rituals to strike a deal with some Eternal Machine. If you find any and manage to determine its function.

Who is the mightiest wizard in the land?

Nhonaop the Bone Sorcerer.

Who is the greatest warrior in the land?

It's widely believed that the King's Champion is the one, however it's easy to calculate that he's over 130 years old now, and that may complicate things abit.

Who is the richest person in the land? 

Reerd the Eyeless, a long-dead sage, enthroned in the city of Vokra as one of its Eternal Monarch. It's said that his wealth is immesurable, despite the fact he's just an ancient corpse.

Where can we go to get some magical healing?

Find the Necromancers, if you're brave enough. Or the Eternal Machinery.

Where can we go to get cures for the following conditions: poison, disease, curse, level drain, lycanthropy, polymorph, alignment change, death, undeath?

You can't. Grow some balls and die with dignity.

Is there a magic guild my MU belongs to or that I can join in order to get more spells?

I do not plan to include Vancian magic. Or spellcraft is either technology- or ritual-based.

Where can I find an alchemist, sage or other expert NPC? 

In either Iron City or Grave City.

Where can I hire mercenaries?

In almost every major settlement.

Is there any place on the map where swords are illegal, magic is outlawed or any other notable hassles from Johnny Law?

Some Quarters of the Iron City.

Which way to the nearest tavern?

Follow the stench of vomit.

What monsters are terrorizing the countryside sufficiently that if I kill them I will become famous?

Spawn of the Plant Gods.

Are there any wars brewing I could go fight?

The Assassination Wars.

How about gladiatorial arenas complete with hard-won glory and fabulous cash prizes? 

It's said that you can find anything you're looking for in the Iron City. But it may be only a rumor.

Are there any secret societies with sinister agendas I could join and/or fight?

Numerous!

What is there to eat around here? 

You're lucky! Not all plants are sentient!

Any legendary lost treasures I could be looking for? 

Remnants of the Pyramid Technology, the Emerald Crown, the Abstract Tech, the Blade of Murder and so on.

Where is the nearest dragon or other monster with Type H treasure?

This information will cost you at least 500 coins, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment