OK, maybe it's time for another reboot.
I found my current campaign as typical and boring, so currently I'm thinking about another significant change. In fact, very strange idea have crossed my mind... What if the world of surface is only a myth? If the whole setting will be placed in the Underworld? With NO FUCKING SURFACE? No sun? :D
Bunch of very fresh ideas:
- Several layers of the Underworld;
- Standard rule - "the deeper, the more dangerous"? Forget about it - nothing is certain!
- Huge amounts of underworld wilderness;
- Artificially created "levels", with the remains of ancient technology;
- Different regions ruled by different factions / races / gods?
- Underground rivers and lakes (with drowned cities);
- Cyclopean cities ruled by Gugs;
- Different tech levels of the layers of Underworld.
|Another great artwork by Sourine - artificial levels could look like that|
Still I'm not ultimately convinced by this verson of the Underworld Kingdom - primarily because it will force me to drop an idea of moons and Floating Island - unless you have some ideas that can solve this problem. Maybe I'll post info about both Ortix and new Underworld Kingdom, but this solution also will cause new problems - I don't know which version of the campaign I should run :D